Friday, January 10, 2014

Friday's Festivities

Friday was another great day in Leadership Land. Lunch was immediately after the general session and after we ate, there was plenty of time to finally get over to the Undefined Booth and make a custom rubber stamp. I had no idea what I was going to do at first, and then it struck me. imagine & inspire, DOH!

The helper on my side of the booth thought I was ambitious to carve the design I drew, and suggested I leave the centers of my letters like "a" and "e" filled in. I also kept hearing the others around me get praise for their work, and I was second guessing my ability to make it look good since my design wasn't real big. I didn't follow her advice though and in the end I was pretty pleased with how it came out.

It's really not too difficult to carve these stamps, eventually I'll do another one. I made a volleyball last year and have rubber left over to make something else too. I'm still brainstorming on what a good representation for Tae Kwon Do would be. This would fulfill a need for me since SU! doesn't have any martial arts stamp sets.


After finishing a carved masterpiece, we all put a sample on a board. Check out some of my favorites.








We each had specific classes in the afternoon we'd signed up for. After this we had a nice break to get dinner before heading back at 7pm for our "Stampin' Night Out."


This was a lot of fun. The SU! staff were lined up along the walkway when we approached and they welcomed us with a "wave" and a cheer when we walked through them. There was a pop corn maker
and we each had a bag at our place setting on the make-n-take tables.




We enjoyed three presentations during which we made three 3-1/2 x 5" cards from a kit of 15, one pretty watercolored card, and three fun tags. I had to finish my last tag here in the hotel afterwards because we ran out of time.




Tomorrow's the last day...


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails