Last year we didn't get started early enough, and opted for just simple ones made with cereal boxes. I even had a fantastic idea that I was super excited about doing in the future, sadly I forgot what it was!!! Whoops, back to brainstorming we go, and a castle it is! It was a bit of a group effort too. Since Sydney doesn't need a box this year, she pitched in to help make her little sisters castle awesome!
I had a few containers set aside and we began the process last Sunday...
Step One - Materials
Paper bags to cover the exterior of the castle;
|102482 - $6.95|
Decorative Dots Embossing Folder - to give the paper bags texture;
Woodgrain Embossing Folder - for the drawbridge;
Baked Brown Sugar Classic Ink, to dab on the paper and make the texture pop;
|119883 - $16.95|
Metal wire for the flag hanger...I had this laying around;
And white glue and tape to put it all together.
Step Two - Putting it TogetherI had to cut the paper in strips the width of the embossing folder, but left them twice the length. After running them through my Big Shot I just flipped them around and ran them back through. The dot pattern is random enough that you couldn't tell.
|The embossed paper was inked to really show the texture|
The chip canisters are upside down so the tops are metal, we put hearts on them! =)
The cracker box was cut so we could inset the oatmeal container. Once I had all the parts assembled we began gluing the paper on. It is totally pieced together.
The lid to the oatmeal container was removed and replaced with a cone we made. I stuffed it with leftover pieces of crumpled paper bag to make it more durable since kids will be lifting it off to put the valentines inside.
Red Glimmer Paper and attached the flags with glue dots.
Hope you enjoyed this, we certainly had a lot of fun putting it together!!