Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Leadership Adventures Part 1

So I must say I had a really awesome time in Orlando with my stampin' gal pals! We did everything but actually STAMP together. I got so much wonderful advice, saw tons of gorgeous samples on the display boards, they showered us with free paper and stamps, and I am energized and ready to create!!

The first thing we did was check in and get our Leadership materials.
Along with the agenda we'd need for the next two days, this envelope contained this awesome silver pen, a wearable Leadership pin, a free stamp set - Oh Hello (LOVE IT!!!) from the Spring Catalog on page 4, and a voucher for another free stamp set with a list of choices. I have narrowed it down to 3, but am still deciding!

Isn't this cute, cute, cute?
After grabbing an early dinner (airplane peanuts for lunch left us starving), we participated in the service project. Stampin' Up! brought enough retired product and reusable shopping bags for us to stuff 2,000 of them. The bags were then donated to the local schools for teachers to use with their students in the classroom. I would love to be a fly on the wall when these bags are given out!


Me and my sis stuffing bags
We wrote a personal note on a tag to tie on each one

We each did about a dozen bags!

After the service project it was time for the Managers Reception. All attending demonstrators ranked Manager and above were treated to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios!! I saw several ladies wearing their Gryffindor scarves. =)


I am a few team members shy of this promotion so while Barbara lined up for the bus, I went over to the class room where I attended this class:
How to Get to Managers Reception Next Year, Brian Piling, Leadership 2013
It was motivating and Brian Piling had us partner up so we can hold each other accountable. Thanks Brian!!! I really enjoyed the class and I will be putting your advice to good use!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails