Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Page and a Smile

I created this sketch at the end of July and have been eager to use it ever since. Over the weekend I was feeling the need to pull out some photos and get a page done, and the cute photos I found were made for this sketch!

The page I did includes some super cute and sparkly paper from our last catalog and I had the WHOLE package unused. That's such a crime. I have a ton of paper to use up, so I'll be sprinkling old things with new things in my posts from time to time...especially when I'm scrapping!


Click on any image to get a closer look

Anyway I wanted to share some details about this page. First you may notice the unusual shape of the Chocolate Chip paper. It wasn't tricky to do it. I just traced a bowl on the wrong side of my 12x12 card stock and then used my paper trimmer to cut a straight line up to the edge of the "arch." After that I just trimmed it off with my scissors, lined it back up on the trimmer, and did the other sides.

The distressed paper piecing was something I've been wanting to experiment with for a while. I simply took some thin strips of Old Olive card stock that I had and I crumpled them along their edges and used snail adhesive to stick them down onto my page. Easy!


Stampin' Supplies:
STAMPS - Broadsheet Alphabet, Short Order Numbers
PAPER - Old Olive, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink
RETIRED - Sending Love Specialty DSP, Barely Banana
INK - Real Red, Chocolate Chip
OTHER - Basic Rhinestones, Vanilla Hodgepodge Hardware, Stampin' Dimensionals, Designer Label Punch, Scallop Trim Border

To see more pages done with this sketch visit the SBSC248 Gallery. Why not add yours? :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails