Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Getting in the Spirit of Things

Halloween is my favorite holiday! My whole house is decked out in true fashion this year because I convinced my 9 year-old to have her party (she was born on 9/25) in October and make it a costume-birthday party! Also with everything out this year, my oldest is inspired to have her own shin dig too; she's never had a costume party and we might as well make the most of it all! :)
The photo above is a small representation of my Spooky Town. I have the whole village set up on the dining room table and you might recognize the paper I used as the backdrop. Yup, it's the packing material you get when a Stampin' Up! order arrives via UPS! hee hee

This is the cake I made her. Using these cookies as tombstones was not my original idea, but the way I saw them they had "RIP" and things like that written on them. Cute, but I wasn't going to do that on a birthday cake. I also crushed up a bunch of Oreos for the top of the cake. It tasted even better than it looks!

I did some super fun  invites using the Fang-tastic Stamp Set (Vampire on some, and a Witch on others), and I also had some done with the Make a Monster Set...so cute. I'm sorry to say I can't share a pic today though, I guess I miscounted because we gave them all away!!!
This is Sydney, AKA Vampire Girl, with her graveyard cake...

...and now for something crafty using paper! ;)
This is an 8-1/2 x 11" scrapbook page using the new Waffle Paper as well as other goodies in the Holiday Mini...LOVE it!!! The spider web was done super easy using the Big Shot, and if you like the Designer Paper I used here, you will love the whole package, too! The spiders were done by trimming off select parts of snowflakes from a Sizzlits Die 4-Pack...yeah they only have 6 legs, but aren't they cute!?



Stampin' Supplies:
STAMPS - Make a Monster (for eyes), Fang-tastic (treat bags in background)*
PAPER - Pumpkin Pie, Waffle Paper Assortment 2*, Whisper White, Basic Black, Night Owl Designer Series Paper*
INK - Pumpkin Pie
OTHER - Textured Impressions Spider Web*, 1" Circle Punch, White Gel Pen, Snowflakes Set #2 Sizzlits Die 4-Pack (3 used)
*Items from the current Holiday Mini Catalog (Sale Dates 9/1/2010-1/3/2011)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails