Friday, January 22, 2010

The Paper Lantern Technique


I've been playing around with the paper lantern technique. It's so easy and I love cards with texture!
You can stamp any repeated image, like I did with this flower in Melon Mambo and then pass the card stock through a crimper. After that gently pat the whole thing with a black ink pad, or drag the ink pad to get more dramatic stripes. I actually did both! lol




Stampin' Supplies:
STAMPS - Love You Much, Vintage Vogue*
INK - Melon Mambo, Old Olive, Basic Black
PAPER - Melon Mambo, Old Olive, So Saffron, Whisper White
OTHER - Yellow Polka Dot Ribbon, Scallop Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Paper Crimper, Scallop Trim Corner Punch*

*NEW inside the Occasions Mini Catalog

 

Here also is a super simple 6x6 scrapbook page. This Designer Series Paper is so yummy! I haven't found the perfect picture for it yet, but I will! :)



Stampin' Supplies:
STAMPS -  Razzle Dazzle (It's Good To Dream)
INK - Whisper White, Brocade Blue
PAPER - Brocade Blue, Razzelberry Lemonade DSP, Regal Rose
OTHER - 1/4" Blue Grosgrain Ribbon




2 comments:

Marlene said...

What a great idea. Loved your card. I am definitely going to try this. Thanks for the idea.

Unknown said...

I would LOVE to learn this technique. It's adorable!

Related Posts with Thumbnails