Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I was Framed


Isn't it cute? This is the altered frame sample for my workshop this weekend.
I've done a few others using one sheet of patterned paper, trimming the middle out and sanding it all. This one was easier since I painted the frame first and did a patchwork pattern on the front...no extra trimming required, no "whoops, I guess I'll go with the distressed look!" LOL

To finish the look I wanted I stamped the grass image overlapping two papers, then tied some hemp around the frame. The butterflies were stamped on Vanilla card stock that was backed with coordinating patterned paper, trimmed out and glued on with ModPodge. I creased them and only placed the glue in the center so they'd be 3 dimensional.

Stampin Supplies:
Stamps
• Inspired by Nature

(111656; set of 4; $23.95)
• Flight of the Butterfly
(111564; set of 10; $31.95)

Paper

• Bella Bleu Designer Series Paper

Ink

• Creamy Caramel Craft Stampin’ Pad
• Not Quite Navy Craft Stampin' Pad

Stampin’ Up! Accessories

• Natural Hemp

2 comments:

mollymoo951 said...

You were framed? (hahaha)

That's a very pretty frame! I love the patchwork and the stamping, the butterfles...oh heck! I love it all!

Anonymous said...

This is just adorable! I love the paper and those butterflies really add such a nice touch. Hmm, I think i have a frame someplace just waiting to be altered!

Related Posts with Thumbnails