Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Creative Crunch!

This past week-end was MEGA busy! I had a sick little one on Friday, but managed to utilize that time to get my laundry finished and clean house in preparation for my 6 year old daughter's birthday party! Another MAJOR accomplishment was finishing these tins I'd started on Wednesday.

Sydney hand picked this patterned paper at Michael's and helped me adhere them to the tins that same night, but bedtime kept us from completing the project. On Thursday night she did the scallop pieces all by herself and I added the ribbon. I found the other sheet of paper in my stash, and picked an alpha to stamp the names with, but again bedtime crept up on us, so I didn't finish them until Friday.

The party itself was a blast!!! It was kind of a spa theme because I took the kids to a salon for a facial, and nail painting. So inside the tins I put nail polish a sleep mask, lip gloss and each tin had differing bonus items! hee hee

I also had to whip up a birthday card for my girl, and decided to finally mount and ink up a retired set I got as my final "hostess" purchase! It has a BEAUTIFUL butterfly in it after all! ;)

It's a really simple card, more doodles than stamping, but I was really happy with the result, and Sydney LOVED it!!!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Sunday my AWESOME sister came over and I did her One Sheet Wonder class with her one-on-one! Now THAT'S service! ;)

The project entailed cutting one sheet of 12x12 double sided designer paper into a specific configuration. Believe it or not, add 5 sheets of solid card stock, a few scraps and a mere FIVE hours later you'll get this whole set! 10 cards and this adorable tote to store them in!!! I'm totally in love with this project and look forward to applying this strategy to make additional sets! Who wouldn't LOVE to get one as a gift?



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome projects Sally! Love the tin and card. The OSW set of cards is AWESOME! Someday I'll need to try something like that.

Anonymous said...

WOW! You ARE a busy woman!! The birthday projects are adorable!!! And of course I'm LOVING that Boho west stuff!! Very cool!! TFS!! :)

Anonymous said...

I love all these projects!

Related Posts with Thumbnails