Saturday, February 13, 2016

Not All Mistakes Are Bad


So if you are a paper crafter, chances are you are using rubber stamps like I do. They are the core of my creations and I am so in love with them, I became a Stampin' Up! demonstrator 10 years ago.

One thing that can happen when stamping, if you aren't careful, is a "halo" effect. This is when ink gets on the rubber edge and ends up on your paper in addition to the image you were stamping. Here is an example.
The only thing I wanted to stamp was "hello" but I also got a few lines above and below.
If the halo effect is really bad, you may want to just flip your paper over and try again. But there a couple to options to fix it. The first one is to use the tip of your scissors or a hobby blade to gently scrape the ink off the paper. This will rough up the paper surface slightly, but if it's a tiny spot, it can be barely noticeable. Another option, probably the more popular idea, is to cover it up. When I made this card, I decided it was so cute I wanted to make another one.


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Unfortunately I had a halo effect occur and I had already stamped the bottom sentiment and the little party hat, so I decided to cover my mistake instead of flipping the paper for another go. Here's what I ended up with.

Also very cute, right? I just used a scrap of the gold paper, and then I decided to go with gold sequins instead of Bermuda Bay. So while I was trying to make due and get the card finished, I actually ended up with another version that is just as cute as the first.

This is the Hello stamp set from the current Sale-A-Bration promotion. It's FREE when you spend $50, and it's also a limited offer set, available through 2/15 (or while supplies last). http://tinyurl.com/SAB-2016

Here's a girl version with supply list...


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Contact me, or visit my website to see more! =)
~Sally



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails