Monday, November 11, 2013

Christmas Card Overload

I was so immersed in Halloween projects and decorations (Just barely got them all put away) that I haven't been in the mood to share Christmas cards yet. But I have made a few so far, and I guess it's time to start sharing! My Stamp Club members requested we start holiday card making last month, so two of the October projects were Christmas cards...



Stampin Supplies:
Stamps - Christmas Messages
Ink - Real Red, Whisper White
Paper - Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Real Red, Whisper White
Other - Old Olive Simply Styled Embellishments, Stampin' Dimensionals, Woodgrain and Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folders, 2-1/2" Circle Punch, Season of Style Designer Washi Tape 


Stampin Supplies:
Stamps - Christmas Messages
Ink - Cherry Cobbler, VersaMark
Paper - VeryVanilla, Gumball Green, Modern Medley Designer Series Paper
Other - Glod Embossing Powder, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon, Chalk Talk Framelits, Glue Dot, Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder,  Stampin' Dimensionals,

This month we are making two more cards, and the ever popular "Snowman Soup!" ;) Here's the featured technique for November, salted watercolor. I really like using salt to create a unique background...it came out so cool!

Stampin Supplies:
Stamps - Festive Flurry, Greeting of the Season
Ink - Bermuda Bay, VersaMark
Paper - Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Whisper White
Other - White Embossing Power, Color Spritzer filled with 7 drops Bermuda Bay Reinker and water, "Chunky" Salt (I rinsed rock salt and used that), Festive Flurry Framelits, Jewels Basic Rhinestones, Stampin' Dimensionals

I have been having a blast with my Magnetic Platform, it is such a lifesaver. The snowflake above was pretty tricky and I cannot imagine having only a post it note to hold it in place while running it through my BigShot!!

These are from the last two Stamp 'N Share meetings. This is a quarterly event when I get together with my downline. We talk about Stampin' Up! play a game, give awards and at the end of the evening is always a make-n-take!
We did the pretty Poinsettia card all the way back in August!! and on Nov 1st wowed everyone with Lovely as a Tree and Dazzling Diamonds!
Stampin Supplies:
Stamps - Joyful Christmas
Ink - Real Red...or was it Cherry Cobbler? lol
Paper - Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Whisper White
Other - Clear Embossing Powder, Sponges, Season of Style Designer Washi Tape, Stampin' Dimensionals



Stampin Supplies:
Stamps - Lovely as a Tree, More Merry Messages
Ink - Smokey Slate, Whisper White, Basic Gray
Paper - Basic Gray, Smokey Slate, Naturals White, Whisper White
Other - Dazzling Diamonds, Heat 'n Stick Powder, Jewels Basic Rhinestones, Stampin' Dimensionals

A great way to do a bunch of cards quickly is with the Merry Little Christmas Simply Created Card Kit. It comes with the Components pictured below to make 8 cards. Item # 132158 in the Holiday Catalog.


You'll need the Merry Little Christmas stamp set, and some ink too. I've done two versions (subtle difference).


With Christmas approaching so soon, I am also hosting a Stamp-a-Stack Event in a couple of weeks. We'll be making, you guessed it,  three more Christmas cards for anyone who'd like to come and make a total of 12. It's always nice to actually get these puppies in the mail on time! I hope to have them finished this week so I can share them before the weekend.

Stay crafty my friends!
~Sally


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails