Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Better Late Than Never

Some crafty things, I've been holding out on you...sorry!
I did this 6x6 scrapbook page for my Ladies Night. My sister Barbara designed it for her stamp club and I LOVE IT! It's a great demonstration of a faux metal technique...probably the most simple way to do it.
Just emboss with metallic EP over metallic card stock. I used Stampin' Emboss Sterling Silver EP over Brushed Silver card stock. It's secured with Silver cord and a Filigree brad. The ribbon is Basic Gray Taffeta Ribbon.

I did 3 different gift tags for my open house in December. Simple, quick and fun! After the open house I used mine to give out baked goods to friends and family!
My favorite is the slightly labor intensive punch art tag designed by Mercedes Weber. Pretty easy to recreate using the following punches:

  • 5-Petal Flower (ears)
  • Boho Blossoms (hair)
  • Wide Oval (Face and antlers)
  • 1/4" Circle (eyes)
  • 3/4" Circle (nose and antlers)
Use your scraps after punching shapes to punch a portion of the oval and 3/4 circle, this creates the antlers.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails