Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Read Any Good Books Lately?

Happy Tuesday!!!

I want to share a cool idea for "Technique Tuesday" with you!
Sunday was not only the day of my most awesome card workshop, but it was also the preview party for our next Virtual Scrapbooking Night (VSBN). As always all the challenges were great, but one in particular caught my attention, and I had to do that one FIRST!

If you have an old hardcover book you don't mind altering, give this a try...
Cut an opening in the front cover and use a strong glue or adhesive to cover the book with patterned paper. Then from the inside of the cover attach an overlapping piece of card stock to create a pocket you can slip a photo into. It's that easy!!! Stamp on it, embellish it to your liking...whatever. I thought this was a unique project and if I had been online Sunday myself, I would have finished mine much sooner!!! Visit my Splitcoast gallery for more details on what I used to make mine.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

great job on your book Sally. love the picture and such pretty papers.

Anonymous said...

Awesome altered book girl! Love the papers and of course the photo. :)

Anonymous said...

This is really cool!! You did a great job with this!!

Jane said...

What a neat idea. But with my cutting abilities...it might not be safe for me to try!

Related Posts with Thumbnails