Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Crafting with the Kids

I had a fun workshop last Saturday for kids and moms to come and craft valentines. The kids were great, the moms we're great, and the cards were great!
I let Sydney and Natalie make their cards about an hour before guests started to arrive so they could spend their time as my assistants and socialize with the other kids. This worked pretty well. They showed off the Big Shot and how to use the Adorning Accents Embossing Folder (the strip of hearts) with it. And they were pretty good about making sure everyone made their card in the right steps to avoid any mistakes.

I had every intention of taking pictures of the kids making their cards. I asked my teen, who was hiding out in another room (on the 'puter in her pjs) if she would be my paparazzi. She declined and I never thought about it again until everyone was gone.

So, since I couldn't let that stop me I decided to take a picture of my girls with their cards and share some cuteness with you...
Ok Natalie, keep your eyes open this time.
Not you, Sydney, that is a silly face. And Nat, your eyes are still squinty.
OK Nat, close your eyes and I'll say when.
OMG, I give up! LOL

We are currently working on Sydney's Valentine box for school. It's a Valentine Village made from milk cartons! I'll share the photos here or on my Facebook page as soon as we finish!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails