Saturday, December 6, 2008

Friday's Sketch...on Saturday ;)


I created this sketch last week for posting over on Splitcoast yesterday. I decided it was time for another DPS, and I wanted to do a layout that has a one photo page (a classy look) adjacent from a multiphoto page (my preference). I always have too many photos to scrap!!

I'm trying to make more of an effort to use my sketches each week. I should be able to do ONE page a week, right!? So you can expect to see more posts with sketches here, but as always all of my sketches can be found in the sidebar slideshow on the right>>>.

I had the perfect pictures to fill up the right half of this layout, but not one I was overly excited about for the left. I considered getting an enlargement of one and mixing in other family members...NAH, what do we need them for!? So this is just Natalie showing us her many many expressions. She is so cute if I do say so myself!!! tee hee


It's a pretty simple page. I stamped the background with polka dots down the left side of this textured cardstock. Then added a 6x12 strip of DSP and an 8.5 x 8.5" square piece of cardstock. I decided to add the scalloped border and some punching to give the solid piece a little extra pizzaz. I chalked the heart in "i (heart) u" for a little unexpected color and then went further to add more pink stamping the small chipboard heart and covering the other one with DSP. I also edged the tic tac toe piece with ink after I punched the corners.

Stampin' Up! products
STAMPS: A Happy Heart, Polka Dot (BG stamp)
PAPER:
Chocolate Chip textured, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, Bella Rose DSP, Prints Tempting Turquoise DSP
INK (CRAFT):
Tempting Turquoise, Regal Rose, Whisper White
ACCESSORIES:
1" Chocolate ribbon, chipboard hearts, Stampin' Pastels, Curly Label Punch, Corner Rounder Punch, 1/16" hole punch, Scalloped Edge Punch, White Gel Pen

2 comments:

MaryR said...

oh she IS so cute! love her faces and love your page

Anonymous said...

How very sweet!! So so darling!! TFS your sketch and pics!! :) Hope you have a fabulous weekend my dear!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails