Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Art of C.A.S.E.ing

Copy And Share Everything!
I love lots of the samples in the Fall Winter 2008 Stampin' Up! Idea Book & Catalog. One in particular, on page 101, uses the same stamp set I was dying to play with. Upsy Daisy...my favorite stamp set at the moment! ;)
If I were to sketch this card my version follows the sketch to the T. But I used a more contrasting color on top instead of going with a more monotone look.
I found the perfect little scrap to use as the paper strip. Do you have the new scallop border punch? Everytime you punch a scalloped edge on something, you get this skinny little leftover strip. Well since I never throw anything away, I have all my Night of Navy scraps tucked away with my Night of Navy paper. Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net I knew it'd be just right for this card...as soon as I added some faux stitching!!!
For my niece's birthday I CASEd the same card again. This time I made a pink/red version with the Bella Rose paper. The "label" in the center of the card was done with the tag punch. It was pretty easy. I just slipped each side of the paper into the punch from the bottom. Easier than trying to cut straight edges. And then I went around it with a marker to give it a little extra pizazz.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cute cards! you are one creative stamper!

Anonymous said...

Such pretty cards Sal!! Love the idea with the punch! :) TFS!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails