Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My Valentine!

I spent a few minutes this afternoon working on this card for my dad! It's not real masculine, but I like the colors and that little mouse with the GREAT BIG heart is just so darned cute!!! I'm thinking if I get it in the mail today he'll have it by Thursday! My dad went through a knee replacement a few months back, and over all he's doing GREAT! He is incredibly resilient for a man of his age, and since he was the "first man" in my life, he deserves something special!





Last Friday I got to run off and leave my family behind to spend time with my friend and upline Debbie! She had her monthly stamper's club meeting and even though I'm not really a member, my sister and I are always welcome to drop in. We had a good time stamping together...it had been a while, and it's always nice to sit back and do someone else's projects for a change...aren't these cute???
The candybar wrapper, uses the set "Simply Said" and was a fun project. It was quick and really easy to do!
The card involved masking off the word "hi" and sponging on Old Olive at the bottom. If you haven't tried this technique before, it's a simple way to make a BIG difference and I'll be focusing on that again in more detail soon! It also features a stamp from "So Many Scallops" available FREE in the Sale-a-bration mini. It's really cool to stamp an image and then punch it out with a coordinating punch! Another fun item from the mini is the "Love & Happiness" rub-ons, isn't this little candle ADORABLE!? I think Old Olive is one of my favorite colors!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute stuff Sally! I've resisted teh rub ons but now thinking I may need to invest..hehehe I also need to try the masking technique. TFS~

Kim said...

Love what you did with the rubons!

CarrollAnn (~CA~) said...

Oh, I love those Rub-ons! I made a similar candle holder for a hostess gift, and I just love how those Rub-ons turn out!!! Of course, I made her something else as well...with chocolates! Love all your cards!!

Debbi said...

Great projects!!! I've yet to use the rub-ons. I'm hoarding them....

Anonymous said...

The paisley border is so cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails